Placement and Training
The Department of Placement and Training is an elemental section of the Institute and is supervised by a Placement Officer, who is in-charge of all the activities to be taken over in the Placement Cell. The Placement Officer is aided by four Placement Coordinators, one from the final year of each department, who are elected based on their proficiency and expertise. The students are trained in placement perspective right from their sixth semester and are constantly put through various kinds of tests which shape them up to face the placement interview process in total confidence and buoyancy. It is the sole duty of the Placement Officer to not only ensure that the students are trained to get acclimatized to an Industrial environment but also to cope with and be competent enough to face such an ambience.
The students' skills are honed in such a way that they are ready to face the placement interview well ahead in time. Not only do the department faculty and the Placement Officer take part in the activities of the Placement Cell, but the students of the college by themselves also work united and single minded in order for the placement process to be accomplished successfully. The Department Placement Coordinators, of course, play a great role here and ensure that there is one hundred percent input from the students' side.
Placement Cell's Functions
- Nurtures Industry Institute interaction, by organizing and coordinating frequent industrial visits, inplant training and projects of industrial relevance for the students, with the sole aim of zeroing down the hiatus between the industry and the academia.
- Receives and forwards the feedback pertinent to curriculum improvement from the visiting companies to the faculty, to ensure that the curriculum follows the latest industrial trends.
- Helps every student define his/her career interest through individual expert counseling.
- Makes available updated database and job profile of the companies and thus helps each student analyze and choose company of his interest. The department has in its active file a database of nearly 500 companies.
- Organizes and coordinates Campus Placement Program, to fulfill its commitment of a job to every aspirant.
- Works towards continuing education for the college employees.
- Over the years, the department has maintained symbiotic, vibrant and purposeful relationship with Industries across the country and as a result, has built up an impressive placement record both in terms of percentage of registered students placed, as well as the number of companies visiting the campus.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
Our college shows keen interest in students getting exposed to industries. It has signed MoUs with "FLSMIDTH" and "CARITOR" and has great vision to extend its relationship with other industries. ECE department of our college has signed MoU with companies like "VI MICROSYSTEM", "ENIXS", "IFUTURA".
- Since our college is one of the old college existing from 1950's it has many of the alumini who were now in a greater position in many of the esteemed companies. They will help us in forwarding our invitation.
- The placement co-ordinators from each department will call to their respective companies (they get the contacts through alumini or from the previous final year students).
- The usual IT recruiters will be called upon based on their preference list.
- Invitations are sent to companies/organizations in the form of brochures with relevant information along with response sheets enquiring about the recruitment details. Soft copies of the brochure and response sheet are also sent.
- The company fills the response sheet and sends it by e-mail/post to the Training and Placement Department.
- Once the details are received, the placement officer and coordinators get in touch with the company and a mutually convenient date is fixed for the Campus Placement process.
- The travel plans are obtained from the company and the necessary arrangements are made.
- Pickups/Drops from/to the railway station or airport can be arranged by the department.
- Accommodation/Food are provided in any of the famous hotels(especially in palace) on Prior Intimation and the costs for these are borne by the college. OHP, Slide Projector, LCD, Laptop etc. will be provided for the Pre-Placement Talk. Halls will be arranged suitably for the Pre-Placement Talk, Written tests, Group Discussions and Activities and Personal Interviews. If a company desires to hold online tests for the candidates, the arrangements will be made in the computer Science Department on prior intimation. Up to 100 students can take up the test at a time.
- The offers are made by the company after the selection process and the offer letters are signed and accepted by the concerned students and sent to the company through the Training and Placement Department. The Department recommends offers to be made on the spot after the process with a letter of confirmation signed by the visiting company representatives. Short listed or waitlisted candidates will be allowed to sit for the companies that follow as long as their confirmation is put on hold.
Contact Details for Hiring Our Students
Prof. R. Ravikumar, M. E.,
Department of Placement and Training,
Alagappa Chettiar College of Engineering and Technology,
Karaikudi - 630 004.
Phone+91 94422 46875
Phone+91 94431 46556
Mail Email : firstname.lastname@example.org